Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cosmopolitan Birthday

Oh how I wish I could keep up with it all. Here it is, almost Christmas and all, and I am posting pictures of cakes I made in September! I think I've used this before, but "better late, than never!"

Well, I made my wonderful best friend a fabulous cosmo cake for her birthday! I baked a half sheet cake and cut out the martini glass shape, frosted with butter cream, and garnished with some fondant accent pieces. The pictures kind of speak for themselves, so enjoy!

Yellow cake from scratch! One of the nicest parts of sculpted cake, is getting to nibble on the "left overs." YUM!

Not quite finished decorating yet.

Fondant lime and sugared rim!
As her cake design was a surprise, all she told me was that she wanted "purple" on her cake somewhere. Since, the last time I checked, cosmo's are not purple, I had to sneak it in some where.

The birthday girl LOVED the cake!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Cake! I am usually afraid of cutting the cake into different shapes but you make it look so easy. I am going to try something like this.

    ReplyDelete