Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Golfer Birthday Cake

My father-in-law is an avid golfer, so when I was contemplating what he would be getting for his birthday this year I thought "What could be more special than to replicate him in fondant?" My husband wasn't so sure about this when I putted (ha ha) this idea to him, but he came around and gave me the thumbs up!

So I started off with the birthday man himself holding a golf club. I also made a hole & flag for the golf course and a dimpled golf ball (which is hard to see against the white Styrofoam.)


I baked a chocolate cake, and made some chocolate fudge frosting for the filling and for the sides. But since my theme was golfing, of course I covered the top in green butter cream, to create my putting green.


Outlining the green way...


And my favorite part, I added the grass with Wilton tip 233.


And for a finishing touch, added a green shell border.


Finally I placed my fondant pieces on the cake and we were ready to party!

No comments:

Post a Comment