Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cupcake Brownie Burgers


I first saw this adorable dessert combo in March on Cupcakes Take the Cake, then again in June on Bakerella. I fell in love with them immediately (who wouldn't) as they are just way too cute! I knew they would be a knock out at my company's summer picnic.

My version was created by baking two dozen vanilla cupcakes, and a 13 x 9 pan of brownies. (I was being quite lazy and used box mixes for both.) After letting everything cool, I cut the cupcakes in half, and then I cut the brownie burgers out with a round two inch cookie cutter. Then I tinted some butter cream frosting red, yellow and green. I used a half cup of butter cream each for the red and yellow, and one cup of butter cream for the green. I put each color in a decorating bag, and used a round tip #5 for the red and yellow butter cream, and a rose tip #104 for the green. To assemble, I placed the bottom of the cupcake on my decorating surface, then I placed the brownie burger on top of the cupcake bottom, I piped out the red, yellow and green butter cream, and placed the top half of the cupcake on top! For a finishing touch, I moistened the top of the cupcakes with water, and sprinkled some whit non-pariels for a sesame seed look, and then placed a frilled tooth pick through the top. Viola!

They were a huge hit at the BBQ, and it think it's a pretty safe bet that these burger's would be a huge success for any occasion

1 comment:

  1. Those look just like mini burgers. They are too cute. I love the toothpicks with the frilly top.

    ReplyDelete