Friday, July 17, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Contest

Every quarter we have a division luncheon where everyone gets together to discuss recent issues, future events etc. And at our most recent luncheon I suggested we have a cookie contest for the dessert. Since I was in charge of the cookie contest, everyone who wanted to participate was supposed to send me their name and what kind of cookie they were entering. I collected about four entries and no one had submitted chocolate chip! Can you believe it. So I decided to make my chocolate chip recipe to balance out the competition!

I just love my mixer in action. Not only does it making baking easier, it's just more fun!

Hmmm, adding the best part, the chocolate chips!

That's A LOT of cookie dough! I doubled the recipe so I would have plenty of cookies to go around.

I took four dozen cookies in for the contest, and kept about a dozen at home for us :)
The results came in..........drum roll please...... I didn't win :(
Actually, the winning cookie was fabulous! It was a small chocolate cookie with a chocolate covered cherry baked into the center. Very delicious! Oh well, there is always next year!

No comments: