Friday, March 27, 2009

Bourbon & Sweet Potato Cup Cakes

Bakerella (I just love her) debuted these cupcakes on her blog, quite some time ago, and ever since the first day I read that blog post I knew I had to make them at some point. So I finally decided to give it a whirl, and they were really, really good. These are a very adult cupcake, the cupcake itself isn't super, sugary sweet, and the warmth of the bourbon in the cake and the icing is, well, it's awesome!


I will say no more, and let the photo's speak for themselves!




Getting started, I laid out all of my required ingredients...





Ingredients going into the fabulous Kitchenaid...





The fabulous Kitchenaid at work...





Loading the cupcakes into the oven...




Hmmm, the smell of these cupcakes baking reminded me of the smell of the kitchen on Thanksgiving morning...


After letting the cupcakes cool for a few hours, they took a nice lil' dip into the yummy icing...


See?...


Then I let them settle for a about half an hour, and then I dipped them again. That's right, I double dipped, and I'm proud...





Then I placed a pecan on top, and viola! Heaven on a doile!


They didn't last too long in my house. I wasn't really able to get that many photo's due to an eager crowd of cupcake fans.

3 comments:

  1. I saw the word "Bourbon" and thought of bourbon balls. I love desserts made with it. I can truely taste your cupcakes and didn't even have a bite. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these today and I lovelovelove them! I doctored it a tad by making a bourbon simple syrup that I put on the warm cupcakes before the glaze and forgoing the "concoction." They turned out great!

    ReplyDelete